20 Questions to Sam Peacock (www.samuelpeacock.com)
Hi. Unsure you can do that on an iPhone as it won’t let you copy and paste. But will retype it.
1. Who are you?
Sam Peacock, painter. Lives in London
2. What is your background?
BA Hons fine art from Cov uni. Practicing artist since.
3. Where were you born?
In the Midlands, small town called rugby.
4.Describe yourself in 40 words.
Works with industrial materials mixed with organic composition to create wild landscapes. Interested in the effects of fracking and the industrial revolution.
5. Slowly moving into sculpture. Creating a collection for sale next year.
6. Do you have a favourite medium to work in?
Prefer steel copper and lead metals with industrial paints and flint.
7. Had a solo show in March looking at the effects and processes of Fracking.
8. What other jobs have you done other than being an artist?
Worked as an art teacher for 13-14 years. Also had a stint as a bin man.
9. What research do you do?
Lots of site visits and photographical research before colour mixing.
10. What makes you angry?
Current policy on energy in the UK. Lack of thought process into this, am an advocate of renewables through my work.
11. What is your favourite colour?
12. What is your favourite piece?
It’s sitting on my wall.
13. What music do you listen to?
Duran Duran to Hawkwind
14. What makes you happy?
Time with family and friends.
15. Favourite films?
Jaws is an all time favourite.
16. Who is your favourite artist.
Kurt Schwitters was always a favourite. His ability to create from scratch was always an inspiration.
Sussex countryside all the way
18. Favourite word?
19. Professionaly, what is your goal?
Have one eye on the Turner Prize like all others.
20. What would be your dream commission.
Would like to and have designs for a piece at the Chelsea Flower Show.